Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Weekend Musings: Retail Therapy

The best retail therapy is when you don't experience the tragic effects of price tag shock. So many stores have their mid-season deals going on, and let me tell you, they rock. Here are a few gems I found during my recent therapy session.

IMG_7473.JPG

Gap: The black blob on the left of my artsily crafted photo above are a pair of amazing pants that I scored for 40% off. The true straight pant has a bit of stretch, but doesn't lose it's shape throughout the day. I wore these to work on a chilly day and they definitely kept my legs warm without compromising flattery. I'm looking forward to styling them for more casual wear! Also purchased during this bomb sale was a black a-line skirt that is even more on sale now that I already bought it. Of course.

Francesca's: I found the most perfect cuff bracelet to add some edge. And for only $5! #stacks

Ann Taylor: I normally have a true fear of online shopping. It's just too much of a mystery for my indecisive self. BUT my risk was worth it when I, again, ran into another mind blowing sale. I scored a black belt with tortoise shell buckle (not pictured), the winterest of white Animal Jacquard sweatshirt, and a faux leather elbow patch top in Chianti.

Ulta: This store (like Sephora) always makes me feel like Alice in Wonderland because I enter it with such good intentions and then get absolutely lost. Like as in I dream hard and run away screaming because I just can't decide. I've been on an intense search for affordable and good-for-your-skin products. These things don't really exist. I haven't heard anything bad about Neutrogena's oil-free eye makeup remover so I decided to give it a try when I saw it was more in my price range. I'm all for investing, but I want to make sure I love something first! The verdict is still out with my definite approval rating, but it doesn't burn my eyes like fiery sandpaper and that was my biggest problem, so far so good!

Bath & Body Works: What's better than a sale, is a coupon. The holiday coupons at B&BW are always really handy. I don't often shop here because I feel like they're always coming out with new product and that makes it hard to find something I really like. But with a spend $15 and get an item free coupon, how could I NOT?? I decided to try their new Wild Madagascar Vanilla body wash, which smells divine by the way, and glycolic cracked heel treatment for those cold days when my feet hate me for still wearing flats.

There's definitely a lesson to all of this. Don't let a good
salething go.

Cheers to saving,

SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment